Steam boilers, which use water steam propelled through pipes as a method of heating a home or building, is a popular central heating method throughout New Jersey. Steam boiler systems are surprisingly intricate and complex, requiring a delicate balance of numerous parts that must all work in unison for the system to work. Between the boiler unit itself, and the boiler’s steam pipes, there are quite a few places where things can unexpectedly go wrong. Regular maintenance can help prevent problems with your boiler, but eventually, you’ll still find yourself in need of steam boiler repair service at some point in time. At Elta HVAC, our boiler and steam boiler pipe repair contractors are available 24/7 for fast, reliable same-day service in New Jersey.
Solutions to Common Steam Boiler Problems
Many steam boiler repair jobs come down to one of several common problems. Some of the issues that our boiler repair contractors often encounter include:
- Low water level. Because steam boilers rely on converting heated water into steam, it’s inevitable that there will be some degree of water loss due to evaporation. Over time, this can gradually deplete the supply of water, leading to insufficient heating and a need for boiler repair service.
- Issues with low water cutoff valve. The low water cutoff valve is designed to prevent an empty boiler from continuing to heat up, which can build up excess pressure and damage the system. If the water levels are too low, the valve is supposed to turn off the burner. In some cases, if you’ve refilled the water in the boiler, the valve will need to be reset to re-enable heating.
- Pressure gauge problems. A typical steam boiler system is generally designed to run at a relatively low pressure, often around 1/2 PSI. If you call a steam boiler repair company because your boiler won’t heat, something might be affecting the pressure gauge, or the pressure levels inside of the boiler. This can occur because of mineral deposits or dirty water, which can adhere to the valves and cause them to get stuck in the closed position. The release valves on the radiator may need to be cleaned.
- Water blockage. Houses shift slightly over time, and in some cases, this can lead to a pipe moving into a position in which it’s slope is at the wrong angle. This prevents condensed water from the steam from draining back downward into the boiler. Instead, the water will pool up inside the pipes, preventing the steam from moving through them. Loud banging noises are a well-known sign of water accumulation in the pipes, and you will probably need a steam boiler pipe repair contractor to adjust the pipe system.
- Leaking steam pipes. Leaks can spring up from small cracks or faulty joints between pipes, and you’ll need professional steam boiler pipe repair to fix the problem and prevent flooding, water damage, and other potential hazards.
- Pipe corrosion. Over time, metal pipes can gradually corrode from years of exposure to running water and trace mineral and sediment content. Corroded pipes may need to be replaced.
- Sediment buildup. Steam boiler pipes can get blocked off by sediment. Sediments are present in trace amounts in the boiler water, but over time, significant quantities can build up along the insides of the pipes, blocking steam flow.
Steam Boiler Repair in New Jersey
If your steam boiler isn’t heating your home, is leaking water, or keeps making loud noises from the pipes, you’ll probably need steam boiler repair service. At All Done HVAC, we’re available 24/7 for same-day emergency boiler repairs and other essential heating services. Call us any time at 201-540-0977.
Learn more about our boiler services:
Need a new steam boiler At Elta HVAC we provide industry-leading steam boiler installation and replacement service in
Steam boilers are reliant on a system of pipes which provide a passageway for the steam in order
hvac repair services in nj 24- hour same day heating repair and ac system repair around me by
Many New Jersey homes and businesses use a boiler system to provide a reliable source of central heating