During the summertime in Demarest NJ, when temperatures are in the 80s, you probably don’t think very much about your furnace or boiler. It sits unused until September or so, giving it some much-needed rest. This off-season is actually one of the best times to schedule your routine annual furnace maintenance.
To schedule your annual heating tune-up, give us a call today at Elta HVAC about heating maintenance in Demarest. When you get your furnace serviced when you’re not using it, you can ensure that it will work properly when you do. No one wants to go without heat on a frigid winter evening because the furnace isn’t working. Regular maintenance helps you prevent this from happening, by catching minor problems early and cleaning out dust and debris.
What to Expect from Professional Heater Maintenance
When a NJ heating service company conducts an annual heating tune-up for you furnace, they’ll go through a checklist of routine tasks designed to make sure that everything’s working correctly.
- Cleaning. Your furnace can accumulate quite a bit of dust and debris, especially when it’s sitting idly during the off-season. When dirt makes its way into your furnace’s components, it can significantly lower its energy efficiency, wasting fuel and driving up the cost of heating your home. The blower assembly, belt and pulley systems, and motor housing all need to be carefully cleaned, preventing dirt from clogging the apparatus.
- Motor lubrication. Although many furnaces don’t require any additional lubrication, some models are built with an oil port near the motor shaft. If so, the furnace should be treated annually with lubricant to keep it running smoothly.
- Replacing worn-out belts. The belts inside of the furnace can wear out or become frayed. These can generally be replaced with parts from the manufacturers, like Trane, Rheem, and Air Temp.
- Cleaning the flame sensor. If you have a gas furnace, its flame sensor should be cleaned off periodically.
- Clean off the burners.
- Check electrical components and wiring. Loose electrical wiring can pose a serious fire hazard, so it’s important to check and tighten any loose electrical connections.
- Clean and adjust the pilot light assembly.
- Check for gas leaks. Gas furnaces need to be inspected for any potential gas leaks, since they can emit deadly carbon monoxide.
- Clean and inspect heat exchanger.
Benefits of Heater Maintenance
Routine maintenance for your furnace during the off-season is a good idea. In the long run, it can actually save you money and avoid the cost and hassle of emergency heater repair. Some of the key benefits include:
- Saving money on repairs. When you have an annual heating tune-up, your furnace is far less likely to break down during the winter. Technicians can catch small potential problems early on, handling any needed furnace repair before they can do any further damage.
- Extend the lifespan of your furnace. Proper maintenance is essential for making sure that your furnace lasts for the duration of its lifespan, which can be up to fifteen years.
- Help make you home more energy efficient. A clean, properly maintained furnace will use gas or electricity more efficiently, reducing you monthly heating bills in the winter.
The off-season is a peak time to have a NJ heating service company review your furnace and make sure your furnace will be working when you need it. Give us a call at Elta HVAC, at 201-430-2420, to talk to one of our certified technicians about scheduling you heating tune-up.
Learn more about our furnace and heater services:
One of the most common reasons for heating repair service in New Jersey is a gas furnace that
New Jersey s winters can be absolutely frigid Remember February 2015 When you re dealing with snowfall and low temperatures
If you re like most people in Chester Township your furnace gets heavy use during the fall and winter
New Jersey Heating Company Providing Furnace repair Installation Service 24 7 in Bergen County Morris county Union County
When installing repairing or replacing efficient gas furnace it is very important to properly plan the layout of the
One of the easiest and really one of first and most important steps that you may consider when