For most homeowners in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, home cooling costs are one of the biggest household expenses during the summer. With temperatures reaching into the ’90s, it’s almost impossible to go without air conditioning for very long. The need to constantly run your A/C can run up your electric bills when it’s hot outside.
Fortunately, there are some useful steps that homeowners can take to keep their air conditioning costs as low as possible. Installing a high quality air conditioner from a trusted manufacturer like Airtemp, Trane, or Carrier can go a long way toward improving your home’s overall energy efficiency, especially with proper maintenance. To find out more about air conditioning installation in Englewood Cliffs, and how investing in a better A/C could actually save you money, call us today at Elta HVAC.
Energy Saving Tips
We have been a NJ air condition service company for many years and can share several common-sense habits that local homeowners can use to reduce the monthly cost of electricity in the summer, which can increase significantly when you’re reliant on your air conditioner to keep your home cool and comfortable.
- Set your thermostat as high as you can. The temperature can only get so high before it gets uncomfortable, but most people can find a happy medium. Setting your thermostat at the highest comfortable temperature is one of the best ways to lower your cooling bill.
- Don’t crank up the A/C when you first turn it on. Many people initially set their A/C to a lower temperature when they first turn it on. This won’t actually cool your home any faster, and will consume more energy.
- Supplement your central air conditioning with fans and window A/Cs. Alternative cooling methods, like ceiling fans, desk fans, and window air conditioners, can help you save money by decreasing your reliance on your central A/C for cooling.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats allow you to set the A/C to different temperatures at different times of day. You can automatically raise the temperature when you’re sleeping or no one’s at home, saving money on your cooling costs.
- Replace your old A/C. If your air conditioner is more than ten or fifteen years old, replacing it with a newer more energy efficient model could actually reduce your monthly electric bill and reduce the expense of emergency air condition repair.
Saving Money and Energy with New Air Conditioning Installation
New air conditioning installation might seem like a huge investment, but over time, you’ll actually save money. An aging air conditioner will often have lost as much as a third of its original energy efficiency. It needs more electricity to perform the same amount of work to cool your home, so over time, your cooling bills are higher than they would be with a newer model. Older air conditioners also require repairs more often, creating further expenses. The newest generation of air conditioners are far superior to their predecessors, with better energy efficiency.
If you’re interested in a newer, more efficient air conditioner, give us a call today at Elta HVAC, at 201-430-2420. We provide air conditioner replacement in Englewood Cliffs, NJ and surrounding areas, helping homeowners cool their houses more efficiently with the latest in air conditioning technology.
Learn more about our air conditioning services:
From time to time we get air conditioning service calls from people that ask why their air conditioner
One of the common repairs and service calls that we get for air conditioning and heating units are
If you need air conditioning installation in New Jersey give us a call today at Elta HVAC Our
Nothing is worse than dealing with a broken or malfunctioning A C on a sweltering summer day If you re
If your A C doesn t seem to be cooling your home properly even though your air filters are clean
Frozen evaporator coils are actually a relatively common reason for air conditioning repair in New Jersey It might