How clean is the air in your Tewksbury, New Jersey home? Air pollution has been a major public health problem for decades, and most people associate dirty air with the outdoors. However, the air inside your home could be even dirtier than the air outside. Your household HVAC systems are designed in such a way that various contaminants can become trapped in your air system. Since most people spend up to 90% of their time indoors, you could be breathing in all kinds of unwanted particles without realizing it. Poor indoor air quality can aggravate allergies, irritate your eyes, nose, and throat, and cause respiratory infections, so cleaner air can actually help to improve your health.
Proper air conditioning repair and maintenance and ductwork maintenance are one of the best ways to help keep the air inside your home pure and clean. To find out more about indoor air quality and air conditioning repair in Tewksbury, call us today at Elta HVAC.
Common Air Quality Issues
Poor indoor air quality is generally the result of various contaminants making their way into your household air supply, circulating through your HVAC system. If you or your family have been experiencing allergy flare-ups or frequent colds and sniffles, it could be an air quality issue. Some of the most common materials that contaminate indoor air include:
- Pollen. At certain times of the year, trees and other plants release large quantities of pollen in order to reproduce. Unfortunately, many people in Tewksbury are allergic to one or more types of pollen.
- Fungal spores. Mold, mildew, and other fungi reproduce by microscopic spores, which float in the air and are too small to see. When they make their way into the air in your home, they’ll start growing if they find a suitable, moist area. Some fungal spores can also cause illness when you breathe them in.
- Viruses and bacteria. The pathogens that cause many common illnesses can be airborne.
- Dust and other particulates. Dust and dirt in the air will irritate your lungs, throat, eyes, and nose, potentially causing frequent respiratory problems or allergic reactions.
Clean Up Your Air with HVAC Repair and Maintenance
Keeping your air conditioner and ductwork properly cleaned and maintained can go a long way toward improving the indoor air quality in your Tewksbury home. Some of the things that you can do include:
- Changing or cleaning your air filters regularly. Some air filters are disposable, while others can be cleaned and reused. It’s important to change or clean your filters at least once a month, clearing them of built-up dust and debris.
- Schedule professional air conditioning maintenance. Professional air conditioning repair and maintenance not only keeps the electrical and mechanical components of your A/C running smoothly, but also involves the technician cleaning off your fans and other parts. Annual A/C tune-ups can help prevent dirt and dust from inside your air conditioner from making its way into your air supply.
- Have your ducts cleaned periodically. Over time, dust and dirt can build up in your ductwork. Not only can this obstruct airflow through your home, but it can also cause dust particles and microorganisms to spread throughout your home.
Proper NJ a/c repair and maintenance, ductwork cleaning, and other routine professional services can help you make a significant improvement to the quality and cleanliness of the air inside your home. To schedule air conditioning repair and maintenance in Tewksbury, or to find out more about how you can improve indoor air quality, call us today at Elta HVAC, at 201-430-2420.
Learn more about our air conditioning services:
When your A C stops working out of nowhere it doesn t take long for your home to start getting
If you re looking for a NJ commercial air conditioning service call us today at Elta HVAC We re a
If you re looking for a good NJ air conditioning repair company call us today at Elta HVAC We
ELTA Air Conditioning amp Heating - Solutions for by webteam11
Is your air conditioner working If not call us today at Elta HVAC for fast effective 24-hour A C
If you re shopping around for a new air conditioner in Cresskill New Jersey there are two main types