Like furnaces, boilers can wear down over years and years of constant use during the winter. Many New Jersey homeowners use gas boilers, steam boilers, or oil-fired boilers as a reliable source of efficient central heating, but these systems are only designed to last for around ten to fifteen years. Eventually, you’ll need to start thinking about boiler replacement, as your existing boiler nears the end of its lifespan. At Elta HVAC, our heating contractors are always happy to talk to you about your options for new boiler installation, featuring dozens of top brands with a wide range of great models and product lines. To find out more about boiler replacement in New Jersey, call us today at Elta HVAC.
When to Consider Boiler Replacement
Most common boiler problems are a simple fix for professional boiler repair contractors. However, in older boilers, these problems can start happening so frequently that the cost of repairs becomes a serious concern. Some of the most common problems you’ll notice more as your boiler ages include:
- Radiators failing to heat up
- Pilot light or ignition system won’t stay on
- Noisy steam boiler pipes
- Frequent water leaks from steam boiler pipes or boiler tank
- Low pressure inside boiler
- Short cycling
Here are some common signs that you should probably consider new boiler installation, instead of continuing to repair your old one on a regular basis:
- Your boiler is over fifteen years old. Boilers that are this old are a ticking time bomb, and could fail at any moment. Boilers simply aren’t designed to last much longer than this, so if your boiler dates from the 1990s, it’s probably about time for boiler replacement.
- Your boiler needs repairs unusually often. A good working boiler, with proper annual maintenance, shouldn’t really need repairs than once every couple of years. If your boiler keeps breaking down all the time, boiler replacement might be the best option for you.
- Tank corrosion. Many boiler water leaks, especially in steam boilers, are actually coming from steam pipes. However, the tank itself can also leak, and this isn’t a good sign. Boiler tanks can develop cracks and holes from long-term corrosion, which isn’t really a problem that can be fixed with simple boiler repair. Tank corrosion generally means you should go ahead and replace the boiler as soon as possible.
- Reduced energy efficiency. Old boilers have lost much of their original energy efficiency to long-term wear and tear, and strain to produce the amount of energy and heat that they used to. This generally leads to higher energy bills during the winter, a trend you might notice over several consecutive years. If your heating bills seem to steadily rise without a clear explanation, boiler replacement could potentially solve this issue.
If you’re ready to swap out your old, worn-out boiler for a brand new, energy efficient model, call us today at Elta HVAC to find out more about boiler replacement in New Jersey. Call us any time to talk to our experienced contractors, at 201-430-2420.
Find out more about boiler replacement and installation in New Jersey:
Looking for fast reliable 24-hour boiler repair service in New Jersey Call us today at Elta HVAC for
Looking for steam boiler service in New Jersey At Elta we provide 24 hour steam boiler repair for
Many New Jersey homes and businesses use a boiler system to provide a reliable source of central heating
Steam boilers which use water steam propelled through pipes as a method of heating a home or building